Each team presents at least 5 of the most feasible concepts developed for the solution of their project.
The presentation of each concept should be self-contained so that an engineer should reasonably be able to understand it. For each concept include:
1. Descriptive name (e.g. “Folding Linkage Design” and not “Design 1”)
2. Brief description in sentence form.
3. Descriptive sketches sufficient to explain the concept. Label all important parts, views, and directions. If the concept is used in multiple positions (e.g. open and closed) show a sketch for each. Hand-drawn sketches that are scanned in clearly are OK.
4. Itemize the advantages and disadvantages of each design (below each sketch if possible). Use the PMI (plus/minus/interesting) classification in list form.
- Describe market research plans such as customer surveys, focus groups, gathering market information from studies, internet, experts, etc.
- Describe the results of market research including market size, demographics, target price, go-to-market strategy, number of potential procedures/uses per year (with references, information on current competitive products/procedures, target market sales price; with a brief justification comparing to predicate device(s) or methodologies.
- Discuss impacts, if any, of your market research on the design.
- Discuss/provide any client reviews and user evaluation, if applicable.