Online Resources & Websites for GT Capstone Design
Quick reference guide for students and faculty
This is the main capstone website for all capstone classes.
Purpose: This is the main online resource about the course for external sponsors, students and faculty.
- Syllabus, course schedule, deliverables, etc. : http://mecapstone.gatech.edu/students/
This website is only used the first 2 weeks of the semester
Purpose: Online project marketplace for projects ideas, bids, etc.
- Online project marketplace – post project ideas, review available projects and submit bids for projects
- Student guide is located here
- Again, only used the first 2 weeks of the semester
Purpose: This is the Project Management Website for teams.
- Optional, but very helpful resource to keep the project on track and create Gantt charts
- Quick Start guide is located here
- Detailed guide is located here
Purpose: This is the main website for everything related to the Capstone Design Expo:
- Online catalog of projects showcased at the expo with maps and expo related information
- Students use this link to register for the expo: expo.gatech.edu/registration (registration opens a month after the start of the semester)
Looking for more opportunities to showcase your great ideas? Below are some opportunities for undergraduates and graduates to submit their ideas and projects to outside competitions.
(ACRP) University Design Competition for Addressing Airport Needs
Submision dates: August 2017 through April 27, 2018
Submision dates: April and August 2017
Solar Splash 2017
Planed dates: June 7-11, 2017 in Dayton, Ohio
The UAE Drones for the Good Award
Entry Deadline: October 31, 2016
Entry Deadline: April 29, 2016
Website (a great resource to find interesting real-world project ideas for the course)
2016 TechSAge Competition
Enter by: January 15, 2016
Excavator Design Competition
Register by: February 5, 2016
2015 James Dyson Award
Submission deadline: July 2, 2015
2015 Lemelson-MIT National Collegiate Student Prize Competition
Submission deadline: January 30, 2015
2014 GA/PDMA Student Paper Competition
Submission deadline: Fall 2013/Spring 2014 (Details to be announced)
2014 Student Manufacturing Design Competition
Submission deadline: March 21, 2014