- Describe market research plans such as customer surveys, focus groups, gathering market information from studies, internet, experts, etc.
- Describe the results of market research including market size, demographics, target price, go-to-market strategy, number of potential procedures/uses per year (with references, information on current competitive products/procedures, target market sales price; with a brief justification comparing to predicate device(s) or methodologies.
- Discuss impacts, if any, of your market research on the design.
- Discuss/provide any client reviews and user evaluation, if applicable.
Prior Art Analysis:
- What are the applicable or relevant patents?
- What related products are on the market?
- How do these patents and products relate to your problem?
- How do these patents or product constrain or enable your solution?
Speak to each prior art (patent or product), putting it into the context of your design problem, with descriptive sketches, images, etc. as appropriate for the reader to understand its connection to your problem. Speak to how this prior art informs your solutions, how it might constrain or enable your solution, and how it was used/might be used to inspire ideation or down-select among concepts.