What projects are best suited for Capstone Design Course?
- Open-ended design challenges where students can apply the engineering design process are best suited for the class.
- The projects should be focused on new design or innovation, which require substantial engineering analysis and lends itself to building a prototype
How long do students work on the project?
- For one semester (16 weeks in Fall or Spring and 12 weeks during Summer)
- Each team typically spends around 500 man hours of effort on the project.
- Multi-semester long projects can be accommodated.
How do sponsors interact with the student design team?
- Sponsors are invited to pitch their projects on the first day of class. Previous presentation pictures can be found here
- The student team typically discusses the project with the sponsor on a weekly basis through online conferencing or on-site visits if company is local.
Thanks to all of our sponsors!